国际儿童节（又称儿童节），是保障儿童权利、反对虐杀儿童和毒害儿童的节日。在大多数国家通常为每年的6月1日。 1925年在瑞士日内瓦召开的关于儿童福利的国际会议上，首次提出了“国际儿童节”的概念。至于为什么选择6月1日，至今没有明确的答案。一种说法是：在美国旧金山市的中华民国总领事为了庆祝1925年的端午节，而召集了一群华裔孤儿。这个活动在当年6月1日举行，而且恰好与日内瓦会议相一致。1949年在莫斯科举行国际民主妇女联合会之会议，会中通过了保障全世界儿童权利，反对虐杀儿童和毒害儿童的决议，决定6月1日为国际儿童节。 目前世界上许多国家都将6月1日定为儿童的节日，尤其是在社会主义国家。在欧美国家，儿童节的日期各不相同，而且往往很少举行社会公众性的庆祝活动。（见下文德国的进一步讨论）往往有人误解为只有社会主义国家才将6月1日定为儿童节，事实上，在近年，美国的一些组织也开始考虑将儿童节定在6月1日
1. Never say die.永不言败。
2.No cross, no crown.不经历风雨，怎么见彩虹。
3.New wine in old bottles.旧瓶装新酒。
4.Never too old to learn, never too late to turn.亡羊补牢，为时未晚。
5.No garden without its weeds.没有不长草的园子。
6.No living man all things can.世上没有万事通。
7.No man can do two things at once.一心不可二用。
8.No man is born wise or learned.没有生而知之者。
9.No man is content.人心不足蛇吞象。
10.No man is wise at all times.聪明一世，糊涂一时。
11.None are so blind as those who won’t see.视而不见。
12.None are so deaf as those who won’t hear.充耳不闻。
13.No news is good news.没有消息就是好消息。
14.No one can call back yesterday.昨日不会重现。
15.No pains, no gains.没有付出就没有收获。
16.No pleasure without pain.没有苦就没有乐。
17.No rose without a thorn.没有不带刺的玫瑰。
18.No sweet without sweat.先苦后甜。
19.No smoke without fire.无风不起浪。
20.Nothing brave, nothing have.不入虎穴，焉得虎子。
21.Nothing dries sooner than a tear.眼泪干得最快。
22.Nothing in the world is difficult for one who sets his mind to it.世上无难事，只怕有心人。
23.Nothing is difficult to the man who will try.世上无难事，只要肯登攀。
24.Nothing seek, nothing find.没有追求就没有收获。
25.Nothing is so necessary for travelers as languages.外出旅行，语言最要紧。
26.Nothing is to be got without pains but poverty.世上唯有贫穷可以不劳而获。
27.Not to advance is to go back.不进则退。
28.Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child.不懂世故，幼稚可笑。
29.No way is impossible to courage.勇者无惧。
30.Obedience is the first duty of a soldier.军人以服从命令为天职。
31.Observation is the best teacher.观察是最好的老师。
32.Offense is the best defense.进攻是最好的防御。
33.Old friends and old wines are best.陈酒味醇，老友情深。
34.Old sin makes new shame.一失足成千古恨。
35.Once a man and twice a child.一次老，两次小。
36.Once a thief, always a thief.偷盗一次，做贼一世。
37.Once bitten, twice shy.一朝被蛇咬，十年怕井绳。
38.One boy is a boy, two boys half a boy, three boys no boy.一个和尚挑水喝，两个和尚抬水喝，三个和尚没水喝。
39.One cannot put back the clock.时钟不能倒转。
40.One eyewitness is better than ten hearsays.百闻不如一见。
41. One false move may lose the game.一着不慎，满盘皆输。
42.One good turn deserves another.行善积德。
43.One hour today is worth two tomorrow.争分夺秒效率高。
44.One man’s fault is other man’s lesson.前车之鉴。
45.One never loses anything by politeness.讲礼貌不吃亏。
46.One swallow does not make a summer.一燕不成夏。
47.One’s words reflect one’s thinking.言为心声。
48.Out of debt, out of danger.无债一身轻。
49.Out of office, out of danger.无官一身轻。
50.Out of sight, out of mind.眼不见，心为静。
51.Patience is the best remedy.忍耐是良药。
52.Penny wise, pound foolish.贪小便宜吃大亏。
53.Plain dealing is praised more than practiced.正大光明者，说到的多，做到的少。
54.Please the eye and plague the heart.贪图一时快活，必然留下隐祸。
55.Pleasure comes through toil.苦尽甘来。
56.Pour water into a sieve.竹篮子打水一场空。
57.Practice makes perfect.熟能生巧。
58.Praise is not pudding.恭维话不能当饭吃。
59.Praise makes good men better, and bad men worse.好人越夸越好，坏人越夸越糟。
60.Prefer loss to unjust gain.宁可吃亏，不贪便宜。
61.Prevention is better than cure.预防胜于治疗。
62.Pride goes before, and shame comes after.骄傲使人落后。
63.Promise is debt.一诺千金。
64.Proverbs are the daughters of daily experience.谚语是日常经验的结晶。
65.Pull the chestnut out of fire.火中取栗。
66.Put the cart before the horse.本末倒置。
67.Put your shoulder to the wheel.鼎力相助。
68.Reading enriches the mind.开卷有益。
69.Reading is to the mind while exercise to the body.读书健脑，运动强身。
70.Respect yourself, or no one else will respect you.要人尊敬，必须自重。
71.Rome is not built in a day.冰冻三尺，非一日之寒。
72.Saying is one thing and doing another.言行不一。
73.Seeing is believing.眼见为实。
74.Seek the truth from facts.实事求是。
75.Send a wise man on an errand, and say nothing to him.智者当差，不用交代。
76.Set a thief to catch a thief.以贼捉贼。
77.Short accounts make long friends.好朋友勤算账。
78.Something is better than nothing.聊胜于无。
79.Soon learn, soon forgotten.学得快，忘得快。
80.Soon ripe, soon rotten.熟得快，烂得快。
81.Speech is silver, silence is gold.能言是银，沉默是金。
82.Still water run deep.静水常深。
83.Strike the iron while it is hot.趁热打铁。
84.Success belongs to the persevering.坚持就是胜利。
85.Take things as they come.既来之，则安之。
86.Talking mends no holes.空谈无补。
87.Talk of the devil and he will appear.说曹操，曹操就到。
88. Action is the antidote to despair. 只要行动起来，一切低迷都会不治自愈。
89. We all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the star. 我们生活在阴沟里，但仍有人仰望星空。
90. No man is rich enough to buy back his own past. 没有人富有到可以救赎自己的过去。
91. One can always be kind to people one cares nothing about. 一个人总是可以善待他毫不在意的人。
92. Every Saint has a past and every sinner has a future. 每个生人都有过去，每个罪人都有未来。
93. Hatred is blind, as well as love. 恨是盲目的，爱亦然。
94. Everyone is born king, and most people die in exile. 每个人生来都是君王，但大多数在流亡中死去。
95. I never change whatever U change. 电流不随电压改变而改变。
96. Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss….
?But every once in a while you find someone who’s iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.
97. Life is a tragedy when you feel. It is a comedy when you think.对于感受生活的人来说，生活是一场悲剧；对于思考生活的人来说，生活是一场喜剧。
98. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. 尝试过。失败过。没关系。再尝试。再失败。失败也是一种进步。
99. As cool as a cucumber; as close as an oyster. 泰然自若，守口如瓶。
100. In me the tiger, sniffs the rose. 心有猛虎，细嗅蔷薇。
Rain is falling all around, 雨儿在到处降落，
It falls on field and tree, 它落在田野和树梢，
It rains on the umbrella here, 它落在这边的雨伞上，
And on the ships at sea. 又落在航行海上的船只。
by R. L. Stevenson, 1850-1894
【2】What Does The Bee Do? 蜜蜂做些什么？
What does the bee do? 蜜蜂做些什么？
Bring home honey. 把蜂蜜带回家。
And what does Father do? 父亲做些什么？
Bring home money. 把钱带回家。
And what does Mother do? 母亲做些什么？
Lay out the money. 把钱用光。
And what does baby do?婴儿做些什么？
Eat up the honey. 把蜜吃光。
by C. G. Rossetti, 1830-1894
harply the values of life. We should
1、眼见为实.Seeing is believing.
2、人生短暂，学艺无穷。Art is long, life is short.
3、三思而后行. Look before you leap.
4、有其父，必有其子。Like father, like son.
5、再晚也不算迟。Better late than never.
6、条条大路通罗马。All roads lead to Rome.
7、并非闪光的都是金子。All that glitters is not gold.
8、种瓜得瓜，种豆得豆。As you sow, so shall you reap.
9、物以类聚。Birds of a feather flock together.
10、不劳无获。No pain, no gain.
11、入乡随俗，When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
12、那恰是我所喜欢的。It’s my cup of tea.
13、一日一苹果，医生远离我。An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
14、患难见真情。A friend in need is a friend indeed.
15、少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。A young idler; an old beggar.
16、熟能生巧。Practice makes perfect.
17、一分耕耘，一分收获。No sweet without sweat.
18、时间就是金钱。Time is money.
19、欲速则不达。Haste makes waste.
20、说起来容易做起来难e799bee5baa6e4b893e5b19e31333365653936。Easier said than done.
21、人各有所好。Every man has his taste.
23、事出必有因。Nothing comes of nothing.
24、隔墙有耳。Walls have ears.
25、失败是成功之母。Failure is the mother of success.
26、江山易改，本性难移。A leopard can not change his spots.
27、好心有好报。Good mind, good find.
28、得饶人处且饶人。Forgive others whenever you can.
29、爱乌及乌。Love me , love my dog.
30、行动比语言有力。Actions speak louder than words.
31、年华不虚度，生命自悠长。Life is long , if it is full.
32、既来之。则安之。Take things as they come.
33、岁月不待人。Time and tide wait for no man.
34、美德胜于美貌Virtue is fairer than beauty.
35、活到老，学到老.Never too old to learn./ Live and learn.
36、礼尚往来.Give and take.
37、知足者常乐.Content is happiness.
38、言出必行 So said ,so done.
40、忍耐是美德.Patience is virtue.
41、天下无不散之筵席.The best of friends must part.
42、经一事，长一智.It is easy to wise after the event.
43、少说少错.Least said soonest mended.
44、诚实为上策.Honesty is the best policy.
45、切莫半途而废.Never do things by halves.
46、积少成多.Many a little makes a mickle.
47、有志者，事竟成.Where there is a will, there is a way!
48、留得青山在，不怕没柴烧. Where there is life, there is hope.
49、勇敢的尝试是成功的一半.A bold attempt is half success.
50、凡事必先难后易.All things are difficult before they are easy.
51、不满足是进步的开端。Discontent is the first first step in progress.
52、迟做总比不做好;晚来总比不来好.Better late than never.
53、滴水穿石.Constant dropping wears the stone.
54、天助自助者。God helps those who help themselves.
55、伟大的理想造就伟大的人Great hopes make great man.
56、学习没有捷径 .There is no royal road to learning.
57、前途是光明的，道路是曲折的。While the prospects are bright, the road has twists and turns.
58、谋事在人，成事在天。Man proposes, but God disposes.
59、不管做什么，都要一心一意 Whatever you do, do with all your might.
60、天才不过是勤奋而已。Genius is nothing but labor and diligence.
61、儿时所学，终生难忘。What is learned in the cradle is carried to the grave.
62、不耻下问才能有学问。A man becomes learned by asking questions.
63、谨慎和勤奋才能抓住机遇。Care and diligence bring luck.
64、自信是走向成功的第一步。 Confidence in yourself is the first step on the road to success.
65、有个好习惯，事事皆不难。Custom makes all things easy.
66、与其挂在嘴上，不如落实在行动上Doing is better than saying.。
67、凡事不可半途而废。Do nothing by halves.
68、人吃饭是为了活着，但活着不是为了吃饭。Eat to live, but not live to eat.
69、金无足赤，人无完人。Every man has his faults.
70、自己的命运自己掌握。Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
71、分秒必争。Every minute counts.
72、不经历风雨，怎么见彩虹。No cross, no crown.
73、没有苦就没有乐。No pleasure without pain.
74、没有不带刺的玫瑰。No rose without a thorn.
75、百闻不如一见。One eyewitness is better than ten hearsays.
76、观察是最好的老师。Observation is the best teacher.
77、世上无难事，只要肯登攀。Nothing is difficult to the man who will try.
78、没有追求就没有收获。Nothing seek, nothing find.
79、知识就是力量。Knowledge is power.
1. Better late than never.迟做总比不做好。
2. Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.凡是值得做的事，就值得做好。
3. The shortest answer is doing the thing.最简短的回答就是一个“干”字。
4. Action is the proper fruit of knowledge.行动是知识之佳果。 72.Finished labours are pleasant.完成工作是一乐。
5. It is lost labour to sow where there is no soil.没有土壤，播种也是徒劳。
6. It is right to put everything in its proper use.凡事都应用得其所。
7. Affairs that are done by due degrees are soon ended.按部就班，事情很快就做完。
8. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.只工作，不玩耍，聪明小孩也变傻。
9. Work bears witness who does well.工作能证明谁做的好。
10. It is not work that kills,but worry.工作不会伤身，伤身乃是忧虑。
11. He that will not work shall not eat.不工作者不得食。
12. Business is business.公事公办。
13. 81.Deliberate slowly,执行 promptly.慢慢酌量，快快行动。
14. Put your shoulder to the wheel.努力工作。
15. .Never do things by halves.做事不要半途而废。
16. In for a penny,in for a pound.做事一开头，就要做到底;一不做，二不休。
17. Many hands make quick work.人多干活快。
18. Many hands make light work.众擎易举。
19. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.技术拙劣的工人抱怨自己的工具。
20. Diligence is the mother of success.勤奋是成功之母。
21. Idleness is the root of all evil.懒惰乃万恶之源。
22. Care and diligence bring luck.谨慎和勤奋带来好运。
23. Diligence is the mother of good fortune.勤勉是好运之母。
24. Industry is fortune’s right hand,and frugality her left. 勤勉是幸运的右手，世俭是幸运的左手。
25. Idleness is the key of beggary.懒惰出乞丐。
26. No root,no fruit.无根就无果。
27. Idle people (folks) have the most labour (take the most pains). 懒人做工作，越懒越费力。
28. Sloth is the key of poverty.惰能致贫。
29. Sloth turneth the edge of wit.懒散能磨去才智的锋芒。
30. An idle brain is the devil’s workshop.懒汉的头脑是魔鬼的工厂。
31. The secret of wealth lieth in the letters SAVE.节俭是致富的秘诀。
32. An idle youth,a needy age.少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。
33. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.浅学误人。
34. A handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning. 少量的常识，当得大量的学问。
35. Knowledge advances by steps and not by leaps.知识只能循序渐进，不能跃进。
36. Learn wisdom by the follies of others.从旁人的愚行中学到聪明。
37. It is good to learn at another man’s cost.前车可鉴。
38. Wisdom is to the mind what health is to the body（www.52article.com）. 知识之于精神，一如健康之于肉体。
39. 43.Experience is the best teacher.经验是最好的教师。
40. Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother. 经验是知识之父，记忆是知识之母。
41. Dexterity comes by experience.熟练来自经验。
42. Practice makes perfect.熟能生巧。
43. Experience keeps a dear school,but fools learn in no other. 经验学校学费高，愚人旁处学不到。
44. Experience without learning is better than learning without experience. 有经验而无学问，胜于有学问而无经验。
45. Wit once bought is worth twice taught.由经验而得的智慧，胜于学习而得的智慧;一次亲身的体会，胜过两次的教师教导。
46. Seeing is believing.百闻不如一见。
47. Business is the salt of life.事业是生命之盐。
48. Business before pleasure.事业在先，享乐在后。
49. Business makes a man as well as tries him.事业可以考验人，也可以造就人。
50.Business neglected is business lost.忽视职业便是放弃职业。
51． 习惯成自然。 51． Habit is second nature.
52． 欲速则不达（忙中有错）。 52． Haste makes waste.
53． 满招损，谦受益。 53． Haughtiness invites disaster, humility receives benefit.
54． 时来运转百事顺。 54． He dances well to whom fortune pipes.
55． 人人都有缺点。 55． He is lifeless that is faultless.
56． 近墨者黑。 56． He that touchs pitch shall be defiled.
57． 人无远虑，必有近忧。 57． He who gives no thought to difficulties in the future is sure to be beset by worries much closer at hand.
58． 来者不善，善者不来。 58． He who has come is surely strong or he’d never have come along.
59． 与人方便，自己方便。 59． He who helps others helps himself.
60． 谁笑在最后，谁笑得最好。 60． He who laughs last laughs longest.
61． 健康胜于财富。 61． Health is better than wealth.
62． 心有灵犀一点通。 62． Hearts which beat in unison are linked.
63． 历史总在重演。 63． History repeats itself.
64． 明人不做暗事。 64． An honest man does nothing underhand.
65． 诚实是上上之策。 65． Honesty is the best policy.
66． 态度随地位而变。 66． Honours change manners.
67． 上梁不正下梁歪。 67． If the upper beam is not straight, the lower ones will go aslant.
68． 若要人不知，除非己莫为。 68． If you do not wish anyone to know what you have done, it is better not to have done it in the first place.
69． 只要功夫深，铁杵磨成针。 69． If you work at it hard enough, you can grind an iron rod into a needle.
70． 病从口入，祸从口出。 70． Illness comes from food and trouble from speech.
71． 贵人多忘事。 71． Important people have short memories.
72． 一不做，二不休。 72． In for a penny, in for a pound.
73． 酒后吐真言。 73． In wine there is truth.
74． 事后聪明很容易。 74． It is easy to be wise after the event.
75． 得道多助，失道寡助。 75． A just cause enjoys abundant support while an unjust cause finds little.
76． 天网恢恢，疏而不漏。 76． Justice has long arms.
77． 活到老，学到老。 77． Keep on learning as long as you live.
78． 知己知彼，百战不殆。 78． Know the enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles without defeat.
79． 前事不忘，后事之师。 79． Lessons learned from the past can guide one in the future.
1.what month do soldiers hate
2.what kind of dog doesnot bite or bark
3.what is the smallest room in the world
4.what kind of water should people drink in order to be healthy
1.March 3月 (March有行军的意思)
1.爱屋及乌 Love me, love my dog.
2.百闻不如一见 Seeing is believing.
3.比上不足比下有余 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best, but be better than the worst.
4.笨鸟先飞 A slow sparrow should make an early start.
5.不眠之夜 white night
6.不以物喜不以己悲 not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personnal losses
7.不遗余力 spare no effort; go all out; do one’s best
8.不打不成交 No discord, no concord.
9.拆东墙补西墙 rob Peter to pay Paul
10.辞旧迎新 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new
11.大事化小小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all
12.大开眼界 open one’s eyes; broaden one’s horizon; be an eye-opener
13.国泰民安 The country flourishes and people live in peace
14.过犹不及 going too far is as bad as not going far enough; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little
15.功夫不负有心人 Everything comes to him who waits.
16.好了伤疤忘了疼 once on shore, one prays no more
17.好事不出门恶事传千里 Good news never goes beyond the gate, while bad news spread far and wide.
18.和气生财 Harmony brings wealth.
19.活到老学到老 One is never too old to learn.
20.既往不咎 let bygones be bygones
21.金无足赤人无完人 Gold can’t be pure and man can’t be perfect.
22.金玉满堂 Treasures fill the home.
23.脚踏实地 be down-to-earth
24.脚踩两只船 sit on the fence
25.君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green
26.老生常谈陈词滥调 cut and dried, cliché
27.礼尚往来 Courtesy calls for reciprocity.
28.留得青山在不怕没柴烧 Where there is life, there is hope.
29.马到成功 achieve immediate victory; win instant success
30.名利双收 gain in both fame and wealth
31.茅塞顿开 be suddenly enlightened
32.没有规矩不成方圆 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards. 33.每逢佳节倍思亲 On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one’s dear ones far away.It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
34.谋事在人成事在天 The planning lies with man, the outcome with Heaven. Man proposes, God disposes.
35.弄巧成拙 be too smart by half; Cunning outwits itself
37.赔了夫人又折兵 throw good money after bad
38.抛砖引玉 a modest spur to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale
39.破釜沉舟 cut off all means of retreat；burn one‘s own way of retreat and be determined to fight to the end
40.抢得先机 take the preemptive opportunities
41.巧妇难为无米之炊 If you have no hand you can’t make a fist. One can’t make bricks without straw.
42.千里之行始于足下 a thousand-li journey begins with the first step–the highest eminence is to be gained step by step
43.前事不忘后事之师 Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future. 44.前人栽树后人乘凉 One generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests.One sows and another reaps.
45.前怕狼后怕虎 fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind hesitate in doing something
46.强龙难压地头蛇 Even a dragon (from the outside) finds it hard to control a snake in its old haunt – Powerful outsiders can hardly afford to neglect local bullies.
47.强强联手 win-win co-operation
48.瑞雪兆丰年 A timely snow promises a good harvest.
49.人之初性本善 Man’s nature at birth is good.
50.人逢喜事精神爽 Joy puts heart into a man.
51.人海战术 huge-crowd strategy
52.世上无难事只要肯攀登 Where there is a will, there is a way.
53.世外桃源 a fictitious land of peace away from the turmoil of the world;
54.死而后已 until my heart stops beating
55.岁岁平安 Peace all year round.
56.上有天堂下有苏杭 Just as there is paradise in heaven, ther are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth
57.塞翁失马焉知非福 Misfortune may be an actual blessing.
58.三十而立 A man should be independent at the age of thirty.At thirty, a man should be able to think for himself.
59.升级换代 updating and upgrading (of products)
60.四十不惑 Life begins at forty.
61.谁言寸草心报得三春晖 Such kindness of warm sun, can’t be repaid by grass. 62.水涨船高 When the river rises, the boat floats high.
63.时不我待Time and tide wait for no man.
64.杀鸡用牛刀break a butterfly on the wheel
65.实事求是seek truth from facts; be practical and realistic; be true to facts
66.说曹操,曹操到Talk of the devil and he comes.
67.实话实说speak the plain truth; call a spade a spade; tell it as it is
68.实践是检验真理的唯一标准Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.
69.山不在高，有仙则名’No matter how high the mountain is, its name will spread far and wide if there is a fairy; ‘
70.韬光养晦hide one’s capacities and bide one’s time
72.天有不测风云Anything unexpected may happen. a bolt from the blue
73.团结就是力量Unity is strength.
74.“跳进黄河洗不清”’eve if one jumped into the Yellow River, one can not wash oneself clean–there’s nothing one can do to clear one’s name ‘
75.歪风邪气unhealthy practices and evil phenomena
76.物以类聚，人以群分Birds of a feather flock together.
77.往事如风’The past has vanished (from memory) like wind.; What in past, is pas
78.望子成龙hold high hopes for one’s child
79.屋漏又逢连阴雨Misfortunes never come singly. When it rains it pours.
80.文韬武略military expertise; military strategy
81.唯利是图draw water to one’s mill
82.无源之水,无本之木water without a source, and a tree wiithout roots
83.无中生有make create something out of nothing
84.无风不起浪There are no waves without wind. There’s no smoke without fire. 85.徇私枉法bend the law for the benefit of relatives or friends
86.新官上任三把火a new broom sweeps clean
87.虚心使人进步,骄傲使人落后Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
88. 蓄势而发accumulate strength for a take-off
89.心想事成May all your wish come true
90.心照不宣have a tacit understanding; give tacit consent; tacit understanding 91.先入为主First impressions are firmly entrenched.
92.先下手为强catch the ball before the bound
93.像热锅上的蚂蚁like an ant on a hot pan
94.现身说法warn people by taking oneself as an example
95.息事宁人pour oil on troubled waters
96.喜忧参半mingled hope and fear
97.循序渐进step by step
98.一路平安，一路顺风speed somebody on their way; speed the parting guest
99.严以律己,宽以待人be strict with oneself and lenient towards others
101.有情人终成眷属’Jack shall have Jill, all shall be well.’
102.有钱能使鬼推磨Money makes the mare go. Money talks.
103. 有识之士people of vision
104.有勇无谋use brawn rather than brain
105.有缘千里来相会Separated as we are thousands of miles apart, we come together as if by predestination.
106.与时俱进advance with times
107.以人为本people oriented; people foremost
108.因材施教teach students according to their aptitude
109.欲穷千里目，更上一层楼’to ascend another storey to see a thousand miles further; Ascend further, were you to look farther; Would eye embrace a thousand miles? Go up, one flight.’ a land of milk and honey
110.欲速则不达Haste does not bring success.
111. 优胜劣汰survival of the fittest
112.英雄所见略同Great minds think alike.
113.冤家宜解不宜结Better make friends than make enemies.
114.冤假错案’cases in which people were unjustly, falsely or wrongly charged or sentenced; unjust, false or wrong cases’
115.一言既出，驷马难追A real man never goes back on his words.
116.招财进宝Money and treasures will be plentiful
119. 众矢之的target of public criticism
120.知己知彼,百战不殆Know the enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles with no danger of defeat.
121. 纸上谈兵be an armchair strategist
122.纸包不住火Truth will come to light sooner or later.
123.左右为难between the devil and the deep blue sea
(1) Kill two birds with one stone. 一箭双雕；一举两得。
(2) A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 双鸟在林不如一鸟在手。
(3) Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚，人以群分。
(4) It’s an ill bird that fouls own nest. 家丑不可外扬。
(5) Fine feathers make fine birds. 人要衣装，马要鞍。
(6) A bird is known by its note, and a man by his talk. 听音识鸟，闻言识人。
(7) Each bird loves to hear himself sing. 鸟儿都爱听自己唱。（自我欣赏）
(8) You cannot catch old birds with chaff.(粗糠). 用粗糠捉不住老鸟。（有经验的人难骗。）
(9) Birds in their little nests agree. 同巢之鸟心儿齐。
(1) A cat has nine lives.猫有九条命；吉人天相。
(2) Cats hide their claws. 知人知面不知心。
(3) All cats are grey in the dark.. 黑暗之中猫都是灰色的。（人未出名时看起来都差不多。）
(4) A gloved cat catches no mice. 戴手套的猫，老鼠抓不到。（不愿吃苦的人成不了大事业。）
(5) When the weasel and the cat make a marriage, it is a very ill presage. 黄鼠狼和猫结亲，不是好事情。）
(6) Who will bwll the cat? 谁去给猫系铃？（谁愿意为大家冒风险？）
(7) The cat shuts its eyes when stealing cream. 帽偷吃奶油的时候总是闭着眼睛。（掩耳盗铃）
(8) There are more ways of killing a cat than by choking it with butter. 杀猫的办法很多。（达到目的的途径很多。）
(9) Care kill a cat. 忧虑愁死猫。
(1) Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched. 鸡蛋未孵出，先别数小鸡。（不要过早乐观。）
(1) A crow is never the whiter for washing herself often. 江山易改，本性难移。
(1) He who would hang his dog gives out first that it is mad. 欲加之罪，何患无词.
(2) A staff is quickly found to beat a dog with. 欲加之罪，何患无词.
(3) Love me, love my dog. 爱屋及乌.
(4) Too much pudding will choke a dog. 布丁太多噎死狗。
(5) Every dog has his day. 人人皆有得意时。
(6) Barking dogs don’t (seldom) bite. 爱叫的狗很少咬人。
(7) Let sleeping dogs lie. 勿惹事生非。
(8) Dead dogs bite not. 死狗不咬人。
(9) All are not thieves that dogs bark at. 狗见了叫的不一定都是贼。（不要以貌取人。）
(10) Every dog is a lion at home. 狗在家门口就成了狮子。
(11) Don’t be a dog (lying) in the manger. 莫学狗占马槽不吃草。（不要占着茅坑不拉屎。）
(12) Dog does not eat dog. 同类不相残。
(13) Scornful dogs will eat dirty puddings. 狗再傲慢也会吃脏布丁。
(14) A son never thinks his mother ugly,and a dog never shuns its owner’s home however shabby it is.儿不嫌母丑，狗不嫌家贫。
(1) The frog in the well knows nothing of the great ocean. 井底之蛙，不知大海。
(1) The fox may grow grey, but never good. 狐狸毛色可变灰，但是本性难移。
(2) The fox preys farthest from his hole. 狐狸捕食，远离洞府。（兔子不吃窝边草。）
(3) When the fox preaches, then take care of your geese. 每当狐狸说教，当心鹅群被盗。
(4) When the fox says he is a vegetarian, it’s time for the hen to look out. 狐狸说它吃素的时候，母鸡就得注意。