1、rabbit ball (棒球)弹性极好的球 2、rabbit job 成批作业
3、rabbit warren 养兔场；兔窝式居民区(有许多狭小通道的建筑、街道狭窄而密集的城区)
4、rabbit foot 兔子的后足(幸运的护符，提起兔子后脚可带来好运) 5、dust bunny 积尘 6、booth bunny 促销女郎
7、(as) mad as a hatter/a March hare 发狂的，非常愚蠢的 8、First catch your hare。勿谋之过早(意指：不要过于乐观)。
9、You cannot run with the hare and hunt with hounde。不能两面讨好(意指：不要耍两面派)。
10、Hares may pull dead lions by the beard./Even rabbits insult an dead lion。 虎落平阳被犬欺。
11、He who follows two hares is sure to catch neither. 追逐两只兔，两头都落空。 12、The tail of a rabbit-cannot be long。兔子的尾巴–长不了。 13、The fox preys farthest from his hole. 兔子不吃窝边草。
14、Even a rabbit will bite when it is cornered. 兔子逼急了还会咬人呢！ 15、Foxes grieve over the death of rabbits。兔死狐悲 16、A sly rabbit will have three openings to its den. 狡兔三窟
17、Waiting for a rabbit to hit upon a tree and be killed in order to catch it. 守株待兔
18、A rabbit is never caught twice in the same place. 同一个错误不会犯两次。 19、Cows can catch no rabbits. 老牛追兔子：有劲使不上。
20、The hounds are killed for food once all the hares are bagged。兔死狗烹
All rivers run into sea
All roads lead to Rome
A bully is always a coward
A cat has 9 lives
A cat may look at a king
A bad thing never dies
Knowledge is power
Life is but a span
Money isn’t everything
Never say die
No cross, no crown
A close mouth catches no flies
A constant guest is never welcome
Actions speak louder than words
Failure is the mother of success
Adversity leads to prosperity
Promise is debt
Practice makes perfect
Every minute counts
Health is happiness
Hear all parties
Strike while the iron is hot
It’s never too late to mend
There is no smoke without fire
East or west，home is best
Equal pay for equal work
Pride goes before a fall
Reading makes a full man
All roads lead to Roma
Blood is thicker than water
Blood will have blood
Business is business
Cheats never prosper
Bad news has wings
Barking dogs seldom bite
Content is better than riches
Creep before you walk
Cry for the moon
Custom is a second nature
Custom makes all things easy
Diamond cuts diamond
Do as the Romans do
First think and then speak
Fools grow without watering
Fool’s haste is no speed
Fools has fortune
It is hard to please all
It is never too old to learn
Do it now
Do nothing by halves
Do as you would be done by
Do well and have well
Each bird love to hear himself sing
Easier said than done
Easy come, easy go
Envy has no holidays
Better late than never
Love at first sight
Like a rat in a hole
Like author, like book
Like father, like son
Like for like
Like knows like
Love me, love my dog
Make hay while the sun shines
Measure for measure
Pull the chestnut out of fire
Put the cart before the horse
Put your shoulder to the wheel
Reading enriches the mind
Rome is not built in a day
Saying is one thing and doing another
Seeing is believing
Seek the truth from facts
Still water run deep
Take things as they come
Talking mends no holes
Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends
Murder will out
Never fish in trouble water
Never judge from appearances
Misfortunes never come alone
Even Homer sometimes nods
Even reckoning makes long friends
Every advantage has its disadvantage
A good beginning makes a good ending
A good book is a good friend
A good fame is better than a good face
A good husband makes a good wife
A good medicine tastes bitter
A great talker is a great liar
Beauty lies in the love’s eyes
Be swift to hear, slow to speak
It never rains but it pours
Judge not from appearances
Justice has long arms
Kill two birds with one stone
Kings have long arms
Learn and live
Learn not and know not
He knows most who speaks least
He laughs best who laughs last
He sets the fox to keep the geese
He that climbs high falls heavily
He that will not work shall not eat
He who does not advance loses ground
Learn to walk before you run
Let bygones be bygones
Harm set, harm get
Love is blind
Habit cures habit
Let sleeping dogs lie
Let the cat out of the bag
Lies can never changes fact
Lies have short legs
Honesty is the best policy
Great minds think alike
Great men have great faults
Great men’s sons seldom do well
Great wits have short memories
Greedy folks have long arms
Guilty consciences make men cowards
Four eyes see more than two
Every day is not Sunday
Every man has his weak side
Every mother’s child is handsome
Every potter praises hit pot
Example is better then percept
Experience must be bought
Fact speak louder than words
Far from eye, far from heart
Far water does not put out near fire
Fear always springs from ignorance
Fields have eyes, and woods have ears
Fire and water have no mercy
No sweet without sweat
Not to advance is to go back
No smoke without fire
Nothing brave, nothing have
No way is impossible to courage
Once bitten, twice shy
Once bitten, twice shy.一朝被蛇咬，十年怕井绳。
One boy is a boy, two boys half a boy, three boys noboy. 一个和尚挑水喝，两个和尚抬水喝，三个和尚没水喝。 One eyewitness is better than ten hearsays.百闻不如一见。 One man’s fault is other man’s lesson.前车之 鉴。 One’s words reflect one’s thinking.言为心声.
Out of office, out of danger.无官一身轻
Out of sight, out of mind.眼不见，心为静。
(Where)There is a will ,there is a way.
The on-lookers see most of games.
Tall trees catch much wind.
The best sack before it be full.
Three cobbers with their wits combined equal ZhuGeliang the master mind.
The mantis stalks the cicida but behind them lurks the oriol.
The weasel goes to pay respeap to the hen not with the best of intentions.=The weasel pays hen with evil intend.
This ShiMazhao tricks is obvious to every man in the street.
The Eight Fairies crossed the sea each displaying his own talent.
The monk can run away but not the monastery.
The burned child dreads the fire.
The fox may grow grey ,but never good.
There is no tree but bears some fruit.
There is no fire without some smoke.
Time and tide wait for no man.
Two eyes can see more than one.
Talking mends no holes.
(There is) no rose without a thorn.
Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
To see is to believe.
The early bird catches the worm.
To say is one thing and to do is another.
To mention the wolf’s name is to see the name .
To save time is to lengthen life.
To know everything is to know nothing.
To know oneself is true knowledge.
Take French leave.
To and fro.
To pick and choose.
To end in a smoke.
To have one foot in the grave.
To fish in the air.
To put all cards on the table.
Tow one’s heart one’s in right place.
Tow one’s heart one’s in wrong place.
Throw cold water on.
Turn a deaf.
Throw oneself into sb’s arm.
1 Better to ask the way than go astray
2 A close mouth catches no flies.
“草上露珠闪，告别下雨天when dew is on the grass,rain will never come to pass.
大鱼吃小鱼，天空要下雨fish bite best before a rain.
Friendship the older it grows the stronger it is.
He is rich enough who has true friends.
6 A clean hand wants no washing. 身正不怕影子斜。
A clear conscience is a soft pillow.
7A change of work is as good as a rest. 调换一下工作是很好的休息。
Business sweetens pleasure, and labour sweetens rest. 工作后消遣更愉快，劳动后休息更舒畅。
8 Christmas comes but once a year. 佳节良辰，机会难得。
9All cats love fish but fear to wet their paws. 猫都爱吃鱼，却怕爪弄湿。
10 As a man”s heart is, so does he speak. 言为心声。
11A straw shows which way the wind blows. 一叶便知秋。
12As is the workman so is the work. 什么工人出什么活。
13 Better wear out shoes than sheets. 宁可(经常运动)穿破鞋子，也不(因病长卧)磨破床单。
14Music hath charms to soothe the savage beast. 音乐有抚凶暴心灵的魅力。
Music is the eye
of the ear. 音乐是耳朵的眼睛。
Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.
18 A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush.
英文谚语大全（三） – Windows Live
英文谚语大全（三） 英文谚语大全 前言：经过搜集后，英语谚语大全猫猫终于将英文谚语大全全部发布出来，希望能对大家在英语的学习上有所帮助。转载请注明出处，谢谢。 Part J：
谚语大全1 17 一些常用的英语谚语 16 英语谚语500句 15 很美的英语名言 14 【名言警句-法律篇】 13 【名言警句-爱情篇】 12 【名言警句-悲伤篇】
英语谚语大全，英语谚语名言，经典英语谚语- 英语学习园地- 百慕社区—医
3 个帖子-3 个作者-新贴子：2009年2月4日百慕社区英语谚语大全，英语谚语大全英语谚语名言，经典英语谚语A bad beginning makes a bad ending不善始者不善终。 A bad workman always blames his tools
Money spent on the brain is never spent in vain. (智力投资绝不会白花。)
Constant dropping wears the stone. (滴水穿石。)
Experience is the mother of wisdom.（经验是智慧之母。）
Every man is his own worst enemy.(一个人最大的敌人就是他自 己。)
Saying and doing are two different things. (说和做是迥然不同的两回事。)
Actions speak louder than words. (行动比语言更响亮。)
From small beginnings comes great things. (伟大始于渺小。)
Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.（脑中有知识，胜过手中
The voice of one man is the voice of no one. (一个人的声音没有力量。)
A great ship asks for deep waters.（大船要走深水。）
While there is life, there is hope.（有生命便有希望/留得青山在,哪怕没柴烧）
Two heads are better than one. (一人不及二人智;三个臭皮匠,胜个过一个诸葛
Wise men learn by other men’s mistakes; fools by their own.
Good company on the road is the shortest cut. (行路有良伴就是捷径。)
It takes all sorts to make a world. (世界是由各种不同的人所组成的。)
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.(无热情成就不了伟业。)
Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.(没有恒心只有
It is never too late to learn. (活到老，学到老。)
It is never too late to mend. (亡羊补牢，犹时未晚。)
The secret of success is constancy of purpose.（成功的秘诀在于持之于恒。）
Misfortunes never come alone/single.(祸不单行。)
Misfortunes come on wings and depart on foot.(遭祸容易脱祸难。)
Misfortunes tell us what fortune is.(不经灾难不知福。)
To an optimist every change is a change for the better.(对于乐观者总是越变越
Truth never fears investigation.(事实从来不怕调查。)
A good medicine tasks bitter.（良药苦口。）
Great minds think alike. （英雄所见略同。）
Storms make trees take deeper roots.（风暴使树木深深扎根。）
Live and let live. (自己生活也让别人生活。)
Better late than never. (迟做总比不做好；晚来总比不来强。)A bold attempt
is half success.(勇敢的尝试是成功的一半。)
All things are difficult before they are easy. (凡事必先难后易。)
What we acquire without sweat we give away without regret.(得之不费力，弃
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.（只要有一颗意志坚强的心，没事不
Work makes the workman.（勤工出巧 匠。）
Constant dropping wears the stone. (滴水穿石。)
He that can have patience, can have what he will.（唯坚韧者始能遂其志。）
Self-distrust is the cause of most of our failures.（我们绝大多数的失败都是
The talent of success is nothing more than doing well whatever you do without a
thought of time.
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting.(读书不思考，犹如
The important thing in life is to have a great aim, and thedetermination to
One of these days is none of these days./吾生待明日，万事成蹉跎。)
Every horse thinks its own pack heaviest.(每匹马都认为自己所负的背包最重
Nothing down, nothing up. (无下则无上。/不经历风雨，怎么见彩虹？)
A good book is your best friend. (好书如挚友。)
Asking costs nothing. (问人不费分文。)
Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.(你不问我，我就不会说谎话。)
The tongue is boneless but it breaks bones. (舌无骨却折断骨。)
A good name is easier lost than won.（名誉失之易，而得之难。）
Every profession produces its own best（行行出状元。）
Today must borrow nothing of tomorrow. (今日事今日毕。)
A bad beginning makes a bad ending.不善始者不善终。
A bad workman always blames his tools.不会撑船怪河弯。
A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush.
A bad thing never dies.遗臭万年。
A boaster and a liar are cousins－german.吹牛与说谎本是同宗。
A bully is always a coward.色厉内荏
A burden of one‘s choice is not felt.爱挑的担子不嫌重。
A candle lights others and consumes itself.蜡烛照亮别人毁灭了自己。
Close mouth catches no flies.病从口入
A cat has 9 lives.猫有九条命。
A cat may look at a king.人人平等。
A constant guest is never welcome.常客令人厌。
Actions speak louder than words事实胜于雄辩。
Adversity leads to prosperity.穷则思变。
Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.逆境出人才。
A fair death honors the whole life.死得其所，流芳百世。
A faithful friend is hard to find.知音难觅。
A fall into a pit, a gain in your wit.吃一堑，长一智。
A fox may grow gray, but never good.江山易改，本性难移。
A friend in need is a friend indeed.患难见真情。
A friend is easier lost than found.得朋友难，失朋友易。
A friend is never known till a man has need.需要之时方知友。
A friend without faults will never be found.没有十全十美的
‘After you‘ is good manners.您先请”是礼貌。
A good beginning is half done.良好的开端是成功的一半。
A good beginning makes a good ending.善始者善终。
A good book is a good friend.好书如挚友。
A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever.
A good conscience is a soft pillow.不做亏心事，不怕鬼叫门。
A good fame is better than a good face. 美名胜过美貌。
A good husband makes a good wife.夫善则妻贤。
A good medicine tastes bitter.良药苦口。
A good wife health is a man‘s best wealth.
A great talker is a great liar.说大话者多谎言。
A light heart lives long.静以修身。
A hedge between keeps friendship green.君子之交淡如水。
A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
A leopard cannot change its spots.积习难改。
A liar is not believed when he speaks the truth说谎者即使讲真话也没人相信。
A little body often harbors a great soul.浓缩的都是精品。
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.一知半解，自欺欺人。
A little pot is soon hot.狗肚子盛不得四两油。
All are brave when the enemy flies.敌人逃窜时，人人都成了勇士。
All good things come to an end.天下没有不散的筵席。
All rivers run into sea.海纳百川。All roads lead to Rome.条条大路通罗马。
All that ends well is well.结果好，就一切都好。
All that glitters is not gold.闪光的不一定都是金子。
All things are difficult before they are easy.凡事总是由难而易。
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
A man becomes learned by asking questions.不耻下问才能有学问。
A man can do no more than he can.凡事都应量力而行。
A man cannot spin and reel at the same time.一心不能二用。
A man is known by his friends.什么人交什么朋友。
A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
A man without money is no man at all一分钱难倒英雄汉。
A merry heart goes all the way.心旷神怡，事事顺利。
A miss is as good as a mile. 失之毫厘，差之千里。
A mother‘s love never changes.母爱永恒。
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.一天一苹果，不用请医生。
A new broom sweeps clean.新官上任三把火。
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.以眼还眼，以牙还牙。
An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening.一日之计在于晨。
An old dog cannot learn new tricks.老狗学不出新把戏。
An ounce of luck is better than a pound of wisdom.聪明才智，不如运气。
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.预防为主，治疗为辅。
A rolling stone gathers no moss.滚石不生苔，转业不聚财。
As a man sows, so he shall reap.种瓜得瓜，种豆得豆。
A single flower does not make a spring.一花独放不是春百花齐放春满园。
A snow year, a rich year.瑞雪兆丰年。
A sound mind in a sound body.健全的精神寓于健康的身体。
A still tongue makes a wise head.寡言者智。
A stitch in time saves nine.小洞不补，大洞吃苦。
A straight foot is not afraid of a crooked shoe.身正不怕影子斜。
A wise head makes a close mouth.真人不露相，露相非真人。
A word spoken is past recalling.一言既出，驷马难追。
A year‘s plan starts with spring.一年之计在于春。
A young idler, an old beggar.少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。
Bad news has wings.好事不出门，坏事传千里。
Barking dogs seldom bite.吠犬不咬人。
Beauty lies in the love‘s eyes.情人眼里出西施。
Be swift to hear, slow to speak.听宜敏捷，言宜缓行。
Better late than never.不怕慢，单怕站。
Better to ask the way than go astray.问路总比迷路好。
Between friends all is common.朋友之间不分彼此。
Birds of a feather flock together.物以类聚，人以群分。
Blood is thicker than water. 血浓于水。Blood will have blood.血债血偿。
Books and friends should be few but good.读书如交友，应求少而精。
Business is business.公事公办。Cheats never prosper.骗人发不了财。
Business is the salt of life.事业是人生的第一需要。
By reading we enrich the mind, by conversation we polish it.
Cannot see the wood for the trees.一叶障目，不见泰山。
Care and diligence bring luck.谨慎和勤奋才能抓住机遇。
Caution is the parent of safety.小心驶得万年船。
Children are what the mothers are.耳濡目染，身教言传。
Choose an author as you choose a friend.择书如择友。
Come what may, heaven won‘t fall.做你的吧，天塌不下来。
Complacency is the enemy of study.学习的敌人是自己的满足。
Confidence in yourself is the first step on the road to success.
自信是走向成功的第一步。Content is better than riches.知足者常乐
Constant dripping wears away a stone.水滴石穿，绳锯木断。
Count one‘s chickens before they are hatched.蛋未孵先数雏。
Courtesy on one side only lasts not long.来而不往非礼也。
Creep before you walk.循序渐进。 Cry for the moon.海底捞月。
Custom is a second nature.习惯是后天养成的。
Custom makes all things easy.有个好习惯，事事皆不难。
Diamond cuts diamond.强中自有强中手。Do as the Romans do.入乡随俗。
Do as you would be done by.己所不欲，勿施于人。
Doing is better than saying.与其挂在嘴上，不如落实在行动上。
Do it now.机不可失，时不再来Do nothing by halves.凡事不可半途废。
Don‘t claim to know what you don‘t know.不要不懂装懂。
Don‘t have too many irons in the fire.不要揽事过多。
Don‘t make a mountain out of a molehill.不要小题大做。
Don‘t put off till tomorrow what should be done today.今日事，今日毕。
Don‘t put the cart before the horse.不要本末倒置。
Don‘t trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.不要自找麻烦。
Don‘t try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs.不要班门弄斧。
Do well and have well.善有善报。
Each bird love to hear himself sing.孤芳自赏。
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
早睡早起身体好。 Easier said than done.说得容易，做得难。
Easy come, easy go.来也匆匆，去也匆匆。
Eat to live, but not live to eat.人吃饭是为了活着，但活着不是为了吃饭。
Empty vessels make the greatest sound.实磨无声空磨响满瓶不动半瓶摇。
is good when new, but friends when old.东西是新的好，朋友是老的亲。
Example is better then percept. 说一遍，不如做一遍。
Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.
Experience must be bought.吃一堑，长一智。
Fact speak louder than words.事实胜于雄辩。
Failure is the mother of success.失败是成功之母。
False friends are worse than bitter enemies.明枪易躲，暗箭难防。
Far from eye, far from heart.眼不见，心不烦。
Far water does not put out near fire.远水救不了近火。
Faults are thick where love is thin.一朝情意淡，样样不顺眼。
Fear always springs from ignorance.恐惧源于无知。
Fields have eyes, and woods have ears.隔墙有耳。
Fire and water have no mercy.水火无情。
Fire is a good servant but a bad master.火是一把双刃剑。
First come, first served.先来后到。
First impressions are half the battle.初次见面，印象最深。
First think and then speak.先想后说。
Fools grow without watering.朽木不可雕。
Fool‘s haste is no speed.欲速则不达。
Fools has fortune.呆人有呆福。
Fools learn nothing from wise men, but wise men learn much from fools.
Forbidden fruit is sweet.禁果格外香。
Fortune favors those who use their judgement.机遇偏爱善断之人。
Fortune knocks once at least at every man‘s gate.风水轮流转。
Four eyes see more than two.集思广益。
Friends agree best at distance.朋友之间也会保持距离。
Friends are thieves of time.朋友是时间的窃贼。
Friends must part.再好的朋友也有分手的时候。
Genius is nothing but labor and diligence. 天才不过是勤奋而已。
Give a dog a bad name and hang him.众口铄金，积毁销骨。
God helps those who help themselves.自助者天助。
Gold will not buy anything.黄金并非万能。
Good for good is natural, good for evil is manly.
Good health is over wealth.健康是最大的财富。
Good medicine for health tastes bitter to the mouth.良药苦口利于病。
Good watch prevents misfortune.谨慎消灾。
Great barkers are no biters.好狗不挡道。
Great hopes make great man.伟大的抱负造就伟大的人物。
Great minds think alike.英雄所见略同。
Great men have great faults.英雄犯大错误。
Great men‘s sons seldom do well.富不过三代。
Great trees are good for nothing but shade.大树底下好乘凉。
Great wits have short memories.贵人多忘事。
Greedy folks have long arms.心贪手长。
Guilty consciences make men cowards.做贼心虚。
Habit cures habit.心病还需心药医。
Handsome is he who does handsomely.行为漂亮才算美。
Happiness takes no account of time.欢乐不觉时光过。
Happy is he who owes nothing.要想活得痛快，身上不能背债。
Happy is the man who learns from the misfortunes of others.
Harm set, harm get.害人害己。Hear all parties.兼听则明。
Hasty love, soon cold.一见钟情难维久。
Health is better than wealth.健康胜过财富。
Health is happiness.健康就是幸福。
Heaven never helps the man who will not act.自己不动，叫天何用。
He is a fool that forgets himself.愚者忘乎所以。
He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind our backs.
He is a wise man who speaks little.聪明不是挂在嘴上。
He is lifeless that is faultless.只有死人才不犯错误。
He is not fit to command others that cannot command himself.
He is not laughed at that laughs at himself first.自嘲者不会让人见笑。
He is wise that is honest.诚实者最明智。
He knows most who speaks least大智若愚。
He laughs best who laughs last.谁笑到最后，谁笑得最好。
He sets the fox to keep the geese.引狼入室。
He that climbs high falls heavily.爬得越高，摔得越重。
He that will not work shall not eat.不劳动者不得食。
He who does not advance loses ground.逆水行舟，不进则退。
He who makes constant complaint gets little compassion.
He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.想不犯错误，就一事无成。
He who risks nothing gains nothing.收获与风险并存。
History repeats itself.历史往往重演。
Honesty is the best policy.做人诚信为本。
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.抱最好的愿望，做最坏的打算。
1. A bad beginning makes a bad ending. 开头不好，结尾必糟。
2. A bad custom is like a good cake, better broken than kept. 蛋糕莫保留，坏习气要除掉。
3. A bad workman always blames his tools. 劣工咎器。
4. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 两鸟在林，不如一鸟在手。
5. A body without knowledge is like a house without a foundation. 人无知犹如房屋无基。
6. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. 书是随时携带的花园。
7. A candle lights others and consumes itself. 蜡烛照亮了别人，燃尽了自己。
8. A door must be either shut or open. 门不关就得开，二者必居其一。 / 非此即彼。
9. A friend is a second self. 朋友是第二个自我。
10. A good beginning makes a good ending. 欲善其终 , 必先善其始。
11. A good medicine tastes bitter. 良药苦口利于病，忠言逆耳利于行。
12. A lazy youth, a lousy age. 少年懒惰，老来贫苦。
13. A life without a friend is a life without a sun. 人生没有朋友，犹如生活没有阳光。
14. A little help is worth a deal of pity. 一次行动胜过一筐空话。
15. A little is better than none. 有一点总比没有好。
16. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. 一知半解，害已误人。
17. A little labour, much health. 常常走动，无病无痛。
18. A little learning is a dangerous thing. 浅学寡识是件危险的事。
19. A little of everything, and nothing at all. 样样皆通，样样稀松。
20. A man is never too old to learn. 活到老，学到老。
21. A merry heart goes all the way. 心情愉快，办事痛快。
22. A picture is a poem without words. 画为无言诗。
23. A snow year, a good year. 瑞雪兆丰年。
24. A thing of beauty is a joy for ever. 美好的事物永远是一种快乐。
25. A thousand mile trip begins with one step. 千里之行，始于足下。
26. A tree is known by its fruit. 观其行而知其人。
27. A word spoken cannot be recalled. 一言说出，难以收回。
28. A word to the wise is enough. 聪明人不用细说。
29. A work ill done must be twice done. 工作未干好，只得重返工。
30. Act fairly by all men. 一视同仁。
31. Actions speak louder than words. 事实胜于雄辩。
32. Adversity makes a man wise, not rich. 困难和不幸不能使人富有，却能使人聪明。
33. After rain comes fair weather. 否极泰来。
34. After supper walk a mile. 饭后百步走，活到九十九。
35. All are not friends that speak us fair. 说好话的不一定都是朋友。
36. All beginnings are hard. 万事开头难。
37. All men can’t be first. 并非所有的都能获第一。
38. All roads lead to Rome. 处处有路通长安。
39. All things are difficult before they are easy. 万事开头难。
40. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 只工作而无娱乐会使人愚钝。
41. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一天一个苹果，医生不来找我。
42. An empty bag cannot stand upright. 空袋子放不真。
43. An evil lesson is soon learned. 学坏容易。
44. An honest man’s word is as good as his bond. 君子一言，驷马难追。
45. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. 一日之计在于晨。
46. An idle youth, a needy age. 少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。
47. An ill workman quarrels with his tools. 不会撑船怪河弯。
48. Art is long, life is short. 生有涯而知无涯。
49. As a man sows, so shall he reap. 种瓜得瓜，种豆得豆。
50. As one door closes, another door opens. 天无绝人之路。
51. As the wind blows, you must set your sail. 趁风扬帆。
52. As you brew, so you must drink. 自作自受。
53. Bad luck always comes in threes. 祸不单行。
54. Bad news travels fast. 坏事传千里。
55. Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing. 择友宜慎，弃之宜更慎。
56. Be slow to promise and quick to perform. 重诺守信。
57. Be swift to hear, slow to speak. 多听少说。
58. Beauty is but skin-deep. 不可以貌取人。
59. Beauty is truth, truth beauty. 美即是真，真即是美。
60. Better a little fire to warm us, than a great fire to burn us. 宁要小火暖身，不要大火灼人。
61. Better a little loss than a long sorrow. 宁可作点牺牲，不要长久悲痛。
62. Better ask twice than lose your way once. 问路两次胜过迷路一次。
63. Better be sure than sorry. 要安全，不要危险。
64. Better early than late. 宁早勿迟。
65. Better late than never. 这到总比不到强。
66. Better lost than found. 宁可丢掉，不愿找到。（常针对不喜欢的人或物。）
67. Better safe than sorry. 安全胜过遗憾。
68. Better small fish than empty dish. 盘中小鱼胜无鱼。
69. Better the last smile than the first laughter. 笑在前不如笑在后。
70. Better to ask the way than go astray. 多问不吃亏。
71. Better to be safe than sorry. 安全胜过遗憾。
72. Better to do well than to say well. 嘴勤不如手勤。
73. Better to have than wish. 现有胜过心想。
74. Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚，人以群分。
75. Bite off more than one can chew. 贪多嚼不烂。
76. Blood is thicker than water. 血浓于水。
77. Books and friends should be few but good. 择友如藏书，皆宜少而精。
78. Both together do best of all. 人心齐，泰山移。
79. Busiest men find the most time. 最忙的人时间最多。
80. Business before pleasure. 先工作，后娱乐。
81. Business is business. 生意是生意，交情归交情。
82. By doing nothing we learn to do ill. 一闲生百邪。
83. By learning you will teach, by teaching you will learn. 教学相长。
84. By reading we enrich the mind; by conversation we polish it. 读书益智，交谈搏彩。
85. By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall. 团结则存，分裂则亡。
86. Call a spade a spade. 直言不讳。
87. Care and diligence bring luck. 细心勤奋，带来好运。
88. Care brings grey hair. 愁一愁，白了头。
89. Care is enemy to health. 忧虑有损健康。
90. Care will kill a cat. 忧虑伤神。
91. Children and fools cannot lie. 小孩和傻瓜嘴里没谎话。
92. Children and fools speak the truth. 童子吐真言。
93. Children are what the mothers are. 有其母，必有其子。
94. Children have the qualities of the parents. 有什么样的父母，就有什么样的孩子。
95. Christmas comes but once a year. 圣诞节每年只有一次。
96. Clothes don’t make the man. 好马不在鞍，人美不在衫。
97. Clothes make the man. 人靠衣服马靠鞍。
98. Confidence in yourself is the first step on the road to success. 信心为成功之始。
99. Content is better than riches. 知足常乐。
100. Content is happiness. 知足常乐。
101. Custom is a second nature. 习俗是人的第二天性。
102. Custom makes all the things easy. 形成习惯，事事好办。
103. Cut your coat according to your cloth. 看布裁衣。
104. Deeds are males and words are females. 会说不如会干。
105. Delays are dangerous. 拖延误事。
106. Diamond cut diamond. 势均力敌。
107. Diligence is the mother of good luck. 幸运出自勤奋。
108. Diligence is the greatest of teachers. 勤奋是最伟大的导师。
109. Diligence is the mother of success. 成功来自勤奋。
110. Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom. 挫折哺育智慧。
111. Discontent is the first step in progress. 不满足是进取的第一步。
112. Do as I say, not as I do. 照我说的做，不要照我干的做。
113. Do as the Romans do. 入国问禁，入乡随俗。
114. Do it now. 说干就干，机不可失。
115. Do not attend to two things at a time. 一心不能二用。
116. Do not cry for the moon. 不要异想天开。
117. Do not try out before you are hurt. 不要没碰到就叫。
118. Do not cut down the tree that gives you shade. 不能过河拆桥。
119. Do nothing by halves. 不可半途而废。
120. Do on the hill as you would do in the hall. 人前人后一个样。
121. Do what you ought, and come what can. 但知行好事，莫要问前程。
122. Doing is better than saying. 空言无补。
123. Doing nothing is doing ill. 游手好闲就是学坏。
124. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. 贪多嚼不烂。
125. Don’t change horses in the middle of a stream. 病重不宜换郎中。
126. Don’t climb a tree to look for fish. 不可缘木求鱼。
127. Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched. 不要高兴太早。
128. Don’t forget to cross your t’s. 不要丢三落四。
129. Don’t have too many irons in the fire. 贪多嚼不烂。
130. Don’t judge a book by its cover. 书的价值不在封面。
131. Don’t judge by appearance. 不可以貌取人。
132. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
133. True love never dies.
134. Where there is love, there is life.
135. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
136. Shoot fro the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.
137. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with heart.
138. Eat bread with pleasure, drink wine by measure.
139. Love is a fruit in season at all times.
140. Nothing in the world has ever been accompolished without passion.
1.爱屋及乌 Love me, love my dog.
2.百闻不如一见 Seeing is believing.
3.比上不足比下有余 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best, but be better than the worst.
4.笨鸟先飞 A slow sparrow should make an early start.
5.不眠之夜 white night
6.不以物喜不以己悲 not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personnal losses
7.不遗余力 spare no effort; go all out; do one’s best
8.不打不成交 No discord, no concord.
9.拆东墙补西墙 rob Peter to pay Paul
10.辞旧迎新 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new
11.大事化小小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all
12.大开眼界 open one’s eyes; broaden one’s horizon; be an eye-opener
13.国泰民安 The country flourishes and people live in peace
14.过犹不及 going too far is as bad as not going far enough; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little
15.功夫不负有心人 Everything comes to him who waits.
16.好了伤疤忘了疼 once on shore, one prays no more
17.好事不出门恶事传千里 Good news never goes beyond the gate, while bad news spread far and wide.
18.和气生财 Harmony brings wealth.
19.活到老学到老 One is never too old to learn.
20.既往不咎 let bygones be bygones
21.金无足赤人无完人 Gold can’t be pure and man can’t be perfect.
22.金玉满堂 Treasures fill the home.
23.脚踏实地 be down-to-earth
24.脚踩两只船 sit on the fence
25.君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green
26.老生常谈陈词滥调 cut and dried, cliché
27.礼尚往来 Courtesy calls for reciprocity.
28.留得青山在不怕没柴烧 Where there is life, there is hope.
29.马到成功 achieve immediate victory; win instant success
30.名利双收 gain in both fame and wealth
31.茅塞顿开 be suddenly enlightened
32.没有规矩不成方圆 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards. 33.每逢佳节倍思亲 On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one’s dear ones far away.It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
34.谋事在人成事在天 The planning lies with man, the outcome with Heaven. Man proposes, God disposes.
35.弄巧成拙 be too smart by half; Cunning outwits itself
37.赔了夫人又折兵 throw good money after bad
38.抛砖引玉 a modest spur to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale
39.破釜沉舟 cut off all means of retreat；burn one‘s own way of retreat and be determined to fight to the end
40.抢得先机 take the preemptive opportunities
41.巧妇难为无米之炊 If you have no hand you can’t make a fist. One can’t make bricks without straw.
42.千里之行始于足下 a thousand-li journey begins with the first step–the highest eminence is to be gained step by step
43.前事不忘后事之师 Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future. 44.前人栽树后人乘凉 One generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests.One sows and another reaps.
45.前怕狼后怕虎 fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind hesitate in doing something
46.强龙难压地头蛇 Even a dragon (from the outside) finds it hard to control a snake in its old haunt – Powerful outsiders can hardly afford to neglect local bullies.
47.强强联手 win-win co-operation
48.瑞雪兆丰年 A timely snow promises a good harvest.
49.人之初性本善 Man’s nature at birth is good.
50.人逢喜事精神爽 Joy puts heart into a man.
51.人海战术 huge-crowd strategy
52.世上无难事只要肯攀登 Where there is a will, there is a way.
53.世外桃源 a fictitious land of peace away from the turmoil of the world;
54.死而后已 until my heart stops beating
55.岁岁平安 Peace all year round.
56.上有天堂下有苏杭 Just as there is paradise in heaven, ther are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth
57.塞翁失马焉知非福 Misfortune may be an actual blessing.
58.三十而立 A man should be independent at the age of thirty.At thirty, a man should be able to think for himself.
59.升级换代 updating and upgrading (of products)
60.四十不惑 Life begins at forty.
61.谁言寸草心报得三春晖 Such kindness of warm sun, can’t be repaid by grass. 62.水涨船高 When the river rises, the boat floats high.
63.时不我待Time and tide wait for no man.
64.杀鸡用牛刀break a butterfly on the wheel
65.实事求是seek truth from facts; be practical and realistic; be true to facts
66.说曹操,曹操到Talk of the devil and he comes.
67.实话实说speak the plain truth; call a spade a spade; tell it as it is
68.实践是检验真理的唯一标准Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.
69.山不在高，有仙则名’No matter how high the mountain is, its name will spread far and wide if there is a fairy; ‘
70.韬光养晦hide one’s capacities and bide one’s time
72.天有不测风云Anything unexpected may happen. a bolt from the blue
73.团结就是力量Unity is strength.
74.“跳进黄河洗不清”’eve if one jumped into the Yellow River, one can not wash oneself clean–there’s nothing one can do to clear one’s name ‘
75.歪风邪气unhealthy practices and evil phenomena
76.物以类聚，人以群分Birds of a feather flock together.
77.往事如风’The past has vanished (from memory) like wind.; What in past, is pas
78.望子成龙hold high hopes for one’s child
79.屋漏又逢连阴雨Misfortunes never come singly. When it rains it pours.
80.文韬武略military expertise; military strategy
81.唯利是图draw water to one’s mill
82.无源之水,无本之木water without a source, and a tree wiithout roots
83.无中生有make create something out of nothing
84.无风不起浪There are no waves without wind. There’s no smoke without fire. 85.徇私枉法bend the law for the benefit of relatives or friends
86.新官上任三把火a new broom sweeps clean
87.虚心使人进步,骄傲使人落后Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
88. 蓄势而发accumulate strength for a take-off
89.心想事成May all your wish come true
90.心照不宣have a tacit understanding; give tacit consent; tacit understanding 91.先入为主First impressions are firmly entrenched.
92.先下手为强catch the ball before the bound
93.像热锅上的蚂蚁like an ant on a hot pan
94.现身说法warn people by taking oneself as an example
95.息事宁人pour oil on troubled waters
96.喜忧参半mingled hope and fear
97.循序渐进step by step
98.一路平安，一路顺风speed somebody on their way; speed the parting guest
99.严以律己,宽以待人be strict with oneself and lenient towards others
101.有情人终成眷属’Jack shall have Jill, all shall be well.’
102.有钱能使鬼推磨Money makes the mare go. Money talks.
103. 有识之士people of vision
104.有勇无谋use brawn rather than brain
105.有缘千里来相会Separated as we are thousands of miles apart, we come together as if by predestination.
106.与时俱进advance with times
107.以人为本people oriented; people foremost
108.因材施教teach students according to their aptitude
109.欲穷千里目，更上一层楼’to ascend another storey to see a thousand miles further; Ascend further, were you to look farther; Would eye embrace a thousand miles? Go up, one flight.’ a land of milk and honey
110.欲速则不达Haste does not bring success.
111. 优胜劣汰survival of the fittest
112.英雄所见略同Great minds think alike.
113.冤家宜解不宜结Better make friends than make enemies.
114.冤假错案’cases in which people were unjustly, falsely or wrongly charged or sentenced; unjust, false or wrong cases’
115.一言既出，驷马难追A real man never goes back on his words.
116.招财进宝Money and treasures will be plentiful
119. 众矢之的target of public criticism
120.知己知彼,百战不殆Know the enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles with no danger of defeat.
121. 纸上谈兵be an armchair strategist
122.纸包不住火Truth will come to light sooner or later.
123.左右为难between the devil and the deep blue sea